Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Celebrating Womanhood!

This one is not something that came out of the blues! Well, thanks to my Mumma, who had this speech to make, addressing the Ordnance factory Board, Calcuta. Right in the middle of my GMBA (Global-MBA) here at Dubai, I get a (so-to-say) nervous phone call on a sleepy Sunday afternoon from her telling me about the speech! Needless to say, there was an expectation and dependance in her voice "My dear son, can you come up with something on 'Womanhood'? And I want it ASAP. I'll be leaving for Calcutta the day after tomorrow!" Given that Prof. Navneet Tandon from Raqmiyat, a local Consulting firm here had given us enough time for the week to plunge into, and ponder about our personal lives, I decided to take up the challenge! With a little research on the epics and a bit of googling, this is what I came up with - 'Celebrating Womanhood'. At places, this might sound like a school-boyish essay on 'Women', but I thought it to be worth posting! It does reflect my true feelings to a great extent! I must also give all due credit to the sketcher whose piece I have used here - the anonymous artist from the IT department of SPJCM, Dubai. So friends, this is how it goes...
Sitting under the 'Tree of Life', in is solitude was Maschya, the First Man. Depression, melancholy and misery were all that one could think of, to best describe his state. The modern world had only turned his solitude into oppression and tyranny. Man! Did he dread life to the core! He cursed his existence.
It was now, when kind-hearted Spenta Mainyu, created Maschyani, the first woman, who turned out to become Maschya’s wife, together with whom, he set up the first human household upon earth. Hence, evolved homes! And hence, evolved mankind!
When Spenta Mainyu first made man, he was noted in the heavenly world as a great designer. With the softer and finer clay and with his extraordinary craftsmanship, when he made woman, he was hailed by all as the best – an unparalleled moulder of all times.
Woman is the spectacle of creation. In this world wide web of the seven zones, the ‘Yugas’, she is still unequalled and unmatched in form and beauty. Breathing fragrance all around, she is the blossoming flower in the gardens of life. Woman is she who teaches man refinement. In ethical elevation, it is her who helps man grow. If there is a sole sustaining power of the man’s life, it is her. It’s the woman, who showers man with manhood. And that is when man becomes a MAN in his true sense. She is all that life is, for man. In the virtues of the heart, she excels man by-far. With loads of patience and endurance, far more than man can imagine, she silently bears the pain and hides her sorrow in her bosom and overwhelms her own tears. She dispels the gloom of the disheartened spirits around her. There is sparkle and there is charm, where woman steps in. Be it a darling baby sister, or an adorable girlfriend, a loving wife, or a caring mother. Any role she plays, a woman is a woman! She will always remain a woman. She will forgo her own comfort for the kind-hearted love of her dear ones and trains her siblings to virtue. This, friends, is what I feel a woman is! Man would be incomplete without a woman. This world would be incomplete without a woman. Long live the woman! The quote below (courtesy Google!) expresses it beautifully:
The right to love whom others scorn, The right to comfort and to mourn,
The right to shed new joy on earth,
The right to feel the soul's high worth,
Such woman's rights a God will bless,
And crown their champions with success।

14 comments:

amit said...

good one AXAT..at the expense of being called as someone opposing "the Dimri Viewpoint"...I will though write a few points here...yes a woman is somebody who does all that you have said. It made me think of all things my mom did for me, but somehow I see my wife and see that there is more to it...there is woman beyond a mother, wife, sister...it is my partner who can shout at me...who can say Amit you are an A****hole...who enjoys a drink with me and much much more...A woman not afraid of her sexuality .A woman who is led to live a life free of male prejudice...not that I am great man ...but yes I am a liberal and so is my lovely wife.
I enjoy the fact that she has and can do what my even lovely mother could not do (not because of my father...he loves her the most) but as the next step we had move ahead...when our parents rebelled and married 3 decades ago it was tough on them...we (me and my wife) had to take the next step ...

Nihad Nazir said...

Dude..here are the 3 circumstances (i think) under which you wrote the article -
1. You in love
2. You heart broken
3. You trying to impress 'someone'

Muahahaha...Take care and keep bloggin.

Ekta said...

Good Job with googling around ! Anjali would be definately impressed esp with the last verse isnt it?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i agree with nihad's 3ed point....see the last line of the 4th paragraph of the article, he is talking about 'yuga'

Unknown said...

Hey I didn't read the full blog but I have my own version .... although plagiarised one....

Spenta Mainyu created the world first and then rested awhile.

Spenta Mainyu created Maschya, gave him wine and asked him to have fun while he rested again

And then Spenta Mainyu drafted and crafted Maschyani. Since then no one has been able to rest.

just kidding....

I am in a sort of break from blogging but will blog soon on something.

Unknown said...

and just one more thing.. since I saw that you had put up a link to Rajdeeep Sardesai IBN's blog as your favourite... read his latest article on Kalam, it will surely blow you off and appreciate how beautifully he writes as well!!!!

Abhishek Navlakha said...

It’s the woman, who showers man with manhood. And that is when man becomes a MAN in his true sense. jara explain karo bhai!!

@k$#@T! said...

Oops!!! U got me speechless there dude!! ;)

KT said...

well I think it may mean...

it only when we think of men and women together do we assign menhood to men and womenhood to women ... none exist in solidarity....

although I agree "showering" doesn't make much sense....

Sampath Krishna said...

"In this world wide web of the seven zones, the ‘Yugas’, she is still unequalled and unmatched in form and beauty. "
world wide web - yugas relation??

"In ethical elevation, it is her who helps man grow."
Rethink.

A nice blog, again, Good content, but I fail to grasp the flow, as the article takes a new turn suddenly, not seamlessly as it should. Did your mother give this as a speech? I would like to know. Its too short for a speech I think.

Everyone has praised your blog, thats nice. Is that what you want?

Jyoti said...

Good one!!
Aptly describes women

Boom_Dhoom said...

I second nihad nazir's views :-)